This year, World Kindness Day is on Tuesday, November 13th. The holiday was created in 1998 by the World Kindness Movement, a coalition of non-profit organizations with no political, religious, or commercial affiliations who seek to promote kindness. Sound like something you’d like to participate in? The team at Adams Crossing has put together a list.
Ways to Celebrate World Kindness Day:
- Write a letter to a friend you haven’t seen in a long time. Feel free to talk about whatever you want, but make sure to use real paper and ink.
- Give someone a genuine compliment during your daily commute.
- Buy flowers for yourself. Being kind to yourself is just as important as being kind to others.
- Leave sticky notes with positive messages in public bathrooms or tucked into books at your local library.
- The next time you see something that reminds you of a loved one, buy it for them. The gift doesn’t have to be elaborate or expensive. It can be as simple as a keychain or box of cookies.
- Make someone a personalized playlist. It could be either a list of songs that remind you of the person or a collection of songs you think the person would like.
- Use your skills to volunteer with an organization that helps others. For example, if you speak another language, offer to interpret at a clinic.
- Pay for the groceries of the person in front of you at the grocery store. If you’re on a budget, try doing the same thing at a drive-thru.
Kind actions should not be confined to a single day, so try using these ideas for random acts of kindness throughout the upcoming holiday season and all year long. Given these points, we hope that you can spread some kindness!
Located in Waldorf, MD, Adams Crossing offers affordable luxury apartments ranging from two to three bedrooms. Haven’t taken a tour of Adam’s Crossing yet? Schedule a tour with one of our marketing professionals to see why we’re a 2017 Top Rated apartment community through ApartmentRatings!