Picnic weather is springtime’s gift to us all. Between the blossoming flowers, gentle breezes, and bright green grass, no other season even comes close. This year National Picnic Day will be celebrated on Tuesday, April 23rd. To help you celebrate, here is a picnic packing list and some suggestions for picnic spots near Waldorf.
Picnic Packing List
Whether you decide to pack your own food or pick up food to-go for your picnic, there are a few picnic essentials you don’t want to forget.
- Picnic blanket. Some picnic spots near Waldorf have picnic tables, but you may decide to set up beneath a shady tree instead. Bring a picnic blanket so that the grass doesn’t irritate your skin.
- Utensils, cups, and plates. Make sure you bring all of the necessary utensils, cups, and plates you need. Nothing is more disappointing than packing a slice delicious chocolate cake but forgetting a fork.
- Refreshing beverages. It’s important to stay hydrated while out enjoying the beautiful spring weather. Pack plenty of water and sports drinks to sip.
- Sunscreen and bug spray. People aren’t the only ones out enjoying the sunshine and cool breezes of spring; bugs are also out in full force. Apply bug spray for protection from pests, and remember that UV rays can cause skin damage even in the shade.
- Entertainment. Pack a frisbee, football, or baseball gloves and ball to toss around after your meal. If you prefer to relax after eating, bring a deck of cards instead.
- Trash bag. Remember you must leave your picnic area as good or better than you found it. Bring a trash bag so you can dispose of wrappers and other food packaging and waste responsibly.
Picnic Spots Near Waldorf
Pinefield Community Park
Pinefield Rd, Waldorf, MD 20601
This park is perfect for a family picnic. Aside from its tot-friendly playground, it also boasts a basketball court, a baseball field, and a soccer field. The fencing that surrounds the park provides an extra degree of safety.
Accokeek East Community Park
3606 Accokeek Rd, Waldorf, MD 20601
People like this park for its quiet, private vibe. If you’re looking for a romantic lunch, this might be the place for you.
6980 Bensville Rd, White Plains, MD 20695
A little outside of Waldorf in White Plains, MD, this park has 4.6 starts on Google. It has a bike trail, a baseball field that doesn’t require a permit, and a small playground. If you’re considering a group picnic and don’t mind a bit a drive, consider Bensville Park.
Adams Crossing Apartments
12330 Vivian Adams Dr, Waldorf, MD 20601
Last but not least, Adams Crossing Apartments offers our own picnic and grill area. For a convenient picnic option, prepare your food in your spacious apartment kitchen or at the community grill and invite your neighbors to join in on the picnic fun!
Located in Waldorf, MD, Adams Crossing offers affordable luxury apartments ranging from two to three bedrooms. Haven’t taken a tour of Adam’s Crossing yet? Schedule a tour with one of our marketing professionals to see why we’re a 2017 Top Rated apartment community through ApartmentRatings!