We all know that getting a good night’s sleep is important. The problem, of course, is that few people know how to do it. If you find yourself struggling to get enough zzz’s, read on for some tips.
- Light tricks your body into staying awake. Thus, you can rest better by eliminating light sources from your sleeping area. One of the best ways to do this is to purchase dark curtains or shutter blinds that can be used to keep moonlight and streetlight from entering your room. If this is not an option, a sleeping mask from your local beauty supply store can work wonders.
- On the same note, light from electronic devices is not sleep-friendly. While it may seem like a good idea to catch up on social media at the end of the day (or continue your Netflix binge), it is best to refrain from using your phone or TV for at least an hour before bed. You will fall asleep faster, and the quality of your sleep will be much higher. (Trust us, Facebook will be there in the morning.)
- Exercise has been proven to help with sleep. Engaging in high-energy activity for as little as thirty minutes a day can transform your sleeping habits. Just remember to avoid exercising too close to bedtime, or the energy rush will keep you up even longer.
- A room that is too hot or cold will negatively impact your sleep. Keep your bedroom between 60 to 67 degrees Fahrenheit for maximum benefits.
- If your thoughts are keeping you up at night, use a journal to jot down your worries before hitting the sheets. Not only will you fall asleep faster, you will also have a record of how you feel each day.
- Finally, set a bedtime and stick to it. Your body will adjust to the routine and begin to feel tired at the same time every day. This will save you the work of forcing yourself to fall asleep.
When you feel well rested, you are more likely to think clearly, be productive, and control your emotions. We hope these tips for getting better sleep will get you the rest you need to become the best version of yourself. Sweet dreams!
Located in Waldorf, MD, Adams Crossing offers affordable luxury apartments ranging from two to three bedrooms. Haven’t taken a tour of Adam’s Crossing yet? Schedule a tour with one of our marketing professionals to see why we’re a 2017 Top Rated apartment community through ApartmentRatings!