If you’ve ever thought about donating blood to help others, but aren’t sure where to give blood in Waldorf, Maryland, there are several upcoming blood drives and places you can donate blood regularly.
Your donation provides blood for emergency transfusions for patients with traumatic injuries, and for those undergoing surgeries and other treatments. According to the American Red Cross, someone in the U.S. needs blood every two seconds.
5 Upcoming Blood Drives in the Waldorf Area
To help you find locations where you can give blood, here are five upcoming American Red Cross blood drives being sponsored by community organizations in the Waldorf area this summer.
- Waldorf Jaycees: 3090 Crane Highway, Waldorf – Monday, June 24, 1-6 p.m.
- American Legion Post 259: 9122 Piscataway Road, Clinton – Thursday, June 27, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Baden Volunteer Fire Department: 16608 Brandywine Road, Brandywine – Thursday, July 25, 2-7 p.m.
- Charles County Government: 200 Baltimore Street, La Plata – Wednesday, Aug. 7, 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Elks Lodge #2421: 2210 Old Washington Road, Waldorf – Friday, Aug. 23, 2-6 p.m.
To find more information on American Red Cross blood drives in the area or to learn about who can donate blood, visit the American Red Cross Blood Services website.
3 Places to Give Blood on a Regular Basis
Besides blood drives, there are other locations in the area that will take your blood or plasma on a regular basis. Some are located at hospitals and medical centers, while others are donation centers that only take blood and blood products. Additionally, some plasma centers will even pay for your donation. Here are three places within an hour drive of Waldorf that have a regular schedule for taking blood and/or plasma donations.
- Inova Mount Vernon Hospital Donor Center: 2501 Parkers Lane, Alexandria, 1-866-256-6372
- Dr. Charles R. Drew Blood Donation Center: 1730 E. Street NW, Washington, D.C., 1-800-RED-CROSS
- Octapharma Plasma (plasma only): Forestville Plaza Shopping Center, 7730 Marlboro Pike, Forestville, 301-420-1803
Keep in mind that some of these locations may require appointments and their hours vary so it’s best to call ahead. Also worth noting is the time commitment involved with donating blood or plasma. While the process for donating blood usually takes around 45 minutes to an hour, donating plasma usually takes quite a bit longer: around 2 hours for the first donation and about 90 minutes each time you return to donate more.
If You Become a Blood Donor or Already Give Blood, We Thank You for Helping Others
Adams Crossing provides Waldorf residents with the top affordable luxury apartments in the area. Adams Crossing offers the perfect atmosphere for its residents to work and play. Schedule a tour with one of our marketing professionals to see why we’re a 2018 Top Rated apartment community through ApartmentRatings!